UPDATE: We are now accepting 5 or 10 minutes lightning presentation from in-person presenters for OARC-39 (Day 2, Session 4). The CFP is now open and will close on October 23 at 11 am UTC.
Times listed above and other parts related to OARC 39 are in UTC
OARC 39 will be a two-day hybrid meeting held on 22 & 23 October in Belgrade, Serbia at 10:00 AM (Local time - CEST (UTC+02:00)) The onsite part of the meeting will be colocated with RIPE 85.
The Programme Committee is seeking contributions from the community.
All DNS-related subjects and suggestions for discussion topics are welcome. For inspiration, we provide a non-exhaustive list of ideas:
- Operations: Any operational gotchas, lessons learned from an outage, details/reasons for a recent outage (how to improve TTR, tooling).
- Deployment: DNS config management and release process.
- Monitoring: Log ingestion pipeline, analytics infrastructure, anomaly detection.
- Scaling: DNS performance management and metrics. Increasing DNS Server Efficiency
- Security/Privacy: DNSSEC signing and validation, key storage, rollovers, qname minimization, DoH/DoT
Note: OARC 39 will be a joint conference with CENTR and abstract submissions from CENTR members are welcome.
As it is an hybrid workshop, we'd like to encourage brevity; presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes (with additional time for questions).
2022-07-30 Submissions open via Indico
2022-09-13 Deadline for submission (23:59 UTC)
2022-09-15 Preliminary list of contributions published
2022-09-20 Full agenda published
2022-10-03 Deadline for slideset submission and Rehearsal
2022-10-22 OARC 39 Workshop - Day1
2022-10-23 OARC 39 Workshop - Day2
The Registration page and details for presentation submission are published at:
To allow the Programme Committee to make objective assessments of submissions, so as to ensure the quality of the workshop, submissions SHOULD include slides. Draft slides are acceptable on submission.
Additional information for speakers of OARC 39
- your talk will be broadcast live and recorded for future reference
- your presentation slides will be available for delegates and others to download and refer to, before, during and after the meeting
- Remote speakers have mandatory rehearsal on 2022-10-04 at 14:00 UTC. It would be very useful to have your slides (even if draft) ready for this.
Note: DNS-OARC provides registration fee waivers for the workshop to support those who are part of underrepresented groups to speak at and/or attend DNS-OARC. More details will be provided when registration opens.
If you have questions or concerns you can contact the Programme Committee:
OARC depends on sponsorship to fund its workshops and associated social events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization is interested in becoming a sponsor.
(Please note that OARC is run on a non-profit basis, and is not in a position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.)