OARC 38 COVID-19 Protocol
- Philadelphia's COVID-19 Resources
- Meeting venue hotel (Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown) COVID-19 Details
- Official U.S. visitors website
- CDC requirements for entry in to the U.S.
- CDC Guidance on International Travel
- WHO Authorized Vaccine Information
People attending OARC 38 onsite in Philadelphia must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than July 15th, 2022.
You are considered appropriately vaccinated at least 2 weeks after a mininum of the final dose in either a 2 dose vaccine series (Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca) or the single dose series (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen) vaccine. If you do not meet these requirements, you are not appropriately vaccinated for this workshop, and we request that you join us for OARC 38 virtually.
People who cannot show proof of vaccination will be turned away. There will be no exceptions.
If you will attend IETF 114 (taking place in the seven days before OARC 38) in-person, we will consider your IETF 114 name badge together with your personal ID as acceptable proof of vaccination.
There will be a requirement for appropriate vaccination in the registration agreement for those attending onsite in Philadelphia.
- All onsite attendees will be required to validate their vaccination status by providing their vaccination record + I.D upon check-in
- Acceptable proofs of vaccination include a CDC record card, or the documentation used to enter the US.
- Temperature checks may be performed
- All attendees are required to wear masks when not presenting, eating or drinking, for the duration of the conference. Free masks are available at the registration desk.
Where available, attendees should have included a booster shot in their COVID-19 vaccination course.
We also highly recommend that everyone attending onsite in Philadelphia takes a Lateral Flow / Antigen Test on the days of the Workshop and stay away if they test positive for COVID-19. Free tests are available at the registration desk.
Those of you that feel uncomfortable traveling to Philadelphia and have already paid for the in-person experience are welcomed to modify your meeting registration to the virtual option with no penalty. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change your registration type.
Likewise, if you have paid for a virtual attendance registration and wish to attend in person in Philadelphia, you are welcome to modify your meeting registration to an in-person one by contacting email@example.com and paying the difference in registration fee.
If onsite and you test positive for COVID-19 or become feverish or develop a cough, please stay in your room and notify firstname.lastname@example.org to report your illness and seek medical attention.
We recommend that all OARC 38 attendees remain alert, monitor the situation and their own health, and consult information from official sources in their home country. Attendance at OARC 38 is at your own risk, and OARC accepts no responsibility for any health consequences of doing so. Your own safety is ultimately your responsibility.